Thursday, February 24, 2011

ABUNDANTLY BLESSED

In church and in the women’s Bible study I am doing there has been a lot of talk about living in abundance. I don’t think of abundance as a bad thing. I think of it as being overly blessed. Having more than we need, but being blessed that we have more than we need. It got me to thinking about the girls and how I am abundantly blessed by them.


I know this has been said before, but it comes up in my mind so often, that I’ll probably say it over and over and over again. But how amazing is that that God trust ME with 2 of His children? I mean me....crazy me, gets to be abundantly blessed by 2 of God’s children. Some days I don’t understand why He chose me. There are plenty of other people that could probably do a better job than I do, but I am the lucky one! Same thing with my hubby. He is so patient with me, puts up with my nagging and faults. But I was blessed to be the one that got him!!!


Now,don’t get me wrong. My life/household isn’t just this happy go lucky place (as you can tell from reading this blog!). Yes, we have fun, giggle, have dance parties, play dress up, hug and kiss, BUT we also, have time outs, spankings, fights, disagreement, tantrums (by kids and adults) and bad attitudes. But at the end of the day when I am laying in bed the last thing I try to think about (especially on a ‘bad’ day) is “WOW I am abundantly blessed. I have a huge roof over my head, 2 beautiful, sweet, loving, WONDERFUL daughters, a husband that loves me unconditionally, food to eat, water to drink and so much more than I need. And I have a God that sent His Son as a sacrifice, so that I can be abundantly blessed.”


In the “heat of the battle” it is hard to remember those things, but when I do it is easy for me to take a step back and look at the situation at hand a little bit differently.


“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3


No comments:

Post a Comment