Thursday, February 17, 2011

I QUIT

Ever have one of those days where you just want to quit being a mom. You just want to say, I’m done. Well, today was one of those days for me. Nothing particular bad happened. No one got hurt. I was just tired of being mommy.


During nap time I would have liked to get a few things done and maybe even shut my eyes for a just a second (I haven’t been feeling great). However, that was not the plan my kids had. They fell asleep on the way home from preschool and we all know what happens when kids fall asleep in the car. So, we get home and do they stay asleep? Of course not. The 2 year scream/cries at the top of her lungs “I NOT TIRED MOMMY!!!!!!!!!” and the 1 year old just screams. And so begins my attitude of wanting to quit being a mommy.


As I lay in my freshly made bed I try to get through this moment of screaming tantrums that is going on upstairs, I start to wonder if God ever wants to stop being God. I mean, there is some messed people that God has to deal with. I know that I wouldn’t have the patience to put up with half of the things that God does. I can’t even take 30 minutes of tantrums before I want to pull my hair out. Yet our God, our amazing, patience God puts up with us all the time. He puts up with my tantrums (and yes, I throw tantrums...just not the type a 2 year old does.), my sins, my flaws, my everything. He never gives up on me. Never loses patience. What an wonderful feeling.


After a few minutes of thinking that these children of mine will drive me insane and then redirecting my thoughts to knowing that our God NEVER stops being our God, I was ready to face the rest of the afternoon.


So, I got them out of their room, took them to child care at the gym and let someone else deal with them. I mean, what else would you expect me to do. :)


“being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has QUALIFIED YOU TO SHARE IN THE INHERITANCE OF HIS HOLY PEOPLE in the kingdom of light.” Colossians 1:11-12


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9



No comments:

Post a Comment