Monday, February 21, 2011

LOVE, HUGS & KISSES

"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. LIke arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in on's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court." Psalms 127:3-5


My 2 year old has learned that if she is being a little toot and not doing what mommy said that she can (for the most part) get away with it by coming up to me and saying “Mommy, I want to give you a hug.” Who can resist that sweet little voice saying she wants to give you a hug. I know I can’t.


I think it is incredible that our kids can not only drive us to insanity and in an instant keep us from going insane. Who knew that a simple crying screaming baby, whining toddler, needy infant or needy toddler could drive us to a point where we can’t take it any more? Before kids I would have never thought that. I bet you did too. Hollywood portrays parenthood as all hugs, love and kisses. While all of those are still part of being a parent, and the best part I might add, there are still so many times that I need to have a mommy time-out!


A sweet story to leave you with. My youngest daughter was/is not the easiest baby. She cried and fussed a bunch, especially when she was in the car and couldn’t see or be held by momma. During one of the screaming fits she was having, big sister reached over, grabbed little sisters hand and said, “Don’t cry sissy, I’ll hold your hand.” Just melted my heart.


Thank you Lord, for blessing me with these wonderful children. In the good and bad times I am the luckiest mommy on earth. I have 2 kids that love and adore me, that give me love, hugs and kisses whenever I need them. I pray that I fulfill the job you have given me being their mommy.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bobbi! This blog couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life. Thank you so much for doing this. I feel like I can relate to literally everything you have written, especially todays. After a long 3 day weekend, I've been left begging to go back to work, but your words have reminded me all to well of how McKenzie's smile and/or giggle can change me from wanting to run away screaming to being the happiest mom in the world.

    Thanks so much for being here and sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete