Friday, February 18, 2011

WOW GOD!

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34


This really has nothing to do with kids or being a mommy or a wife or anything like that. It is more about being a child of God. I’ll have to give you a bit of history before I get to my point, so bear with me.


My husband and I came from very different “religious” backgrounds. He was raised Catholic. I was raised Church of Christ. So, when we got married we knew that we could have to find a church that suited both of our needs. We knew that would be a task and to make matters even worse, we were moving every year thanks to being in the military. To be completely honest with you, a lot of time the motivation was not there to get up on Sunday morning, drive to a random church, try to praise and worship God at the same time “evaluate” the church to see if that is where we could possibly fit in. For those of you who have had to “church shop” knows what I am talking about.


So, fast forward about 6 years from the beginnings of church shopping. We are now out of the military and settled down. We are beyond ready to find a church home, get involved and really just be surrounded by people who love the Lord. As we begin our church shopping we have a neighbor who invites us to their church. So, we go. And we go back again, and again and again. I think we found our home.


Okay, got all that? Now to my point. When we first starting visiting this church I was broken. I was beat down, exhausted and broken. The topics that were being preached about spoke right to me (they still do!), the songs we sang hit deep in my heart, and the uplifting environment was just what I needed. I have since come out of that broken stage and I am happy. I see the work that God did. I see that He knew we were supposed to buy the house we did, meet our neighbors, go to their church, hear the teachings that were being taught, and get involved. I am in awe of the obvious presence He has shown in my life.


I don’t know if I have ever stopped and taken a look at my life and really seen God at work until this moment. Have you ever done that? To me it was right there. I didn’t have to go digging or searching. It was right there in front of my face. I just had to see it. And I did and I am happy and grateful.


I challenge you to stop today and think over the last few months or days or years and looks to see the amazing things God has done in your life that you didn't realize He was doing. It is a wonderful thing to see the work He does!


Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! So privileged to be a part of God's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right, Bobbi. Say hi to your guy for me - Phil

    ReplyDelete