Tuesday, February 22, 2011

PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE

Every single one of you reading this right now know EXACTLY what I am talking about. That thing that we don’t seem to have enough of. Today, I had about 2 hours less than what I needed.


For me, it is crazy how FAST my patience dwindles down to nothing. One minute I feel like I am good, the kids are good, yet getting into everything, and I am being consistently nice in telling them no or redirecting their attention. However, there is a moment somewhere in there when I can’t take it any more. I have told them to stay out of something for the last time. From that point until bedtime each whiny word coming out of their mouth is like nails on a chalkboard. What is usually comes down to is one last fit that puts me and them over the edge and we drop everything, go up stairs and get in bed.


How do you keep a grip on not losing your patience?


There are a few scriptures that I want to share with you that help me when I lose my patience!!!


“The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.” Ecclesiastes 7:8-9


That part about anger resides in the lap of fools gets me every time. I find that when I look back at the frustration I had with the kids I am a little embarrassed of the way I acted and the little tantrum I threw.


“Not only so, but let us also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not pt us to shame, because God’ love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5


This verse keeps me going when I am trying to teach the kids manners and things such as that. It is exhausting to correct them every time, but SO REWARDING when we can go out in public and they can behave so well!


“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9


I like to think that when I am my parents age and my kids are my age I will enjoy all of my efforts.


Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment