Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pleasing Everyone

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone. -Bill Cosby

I love that quote because for the majority of my life I have been trying to please everyone and I have FINALLY come to the realization that I can't. No matter how hard I try and how good my intentions are, I cannot please everyone.

Would I like to? Yes of course. Can I? No.

I will obviously try to continue to please people with an understanding it may not be received the way I want it to be, however there is only one person that I want to fully please and that is God.

Ephesians 1:4 says, "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."

I will strive to be holy and blameless in His sight.

God will never reject our efforts to please Him. He gave me a gift of eternal life, so I in return I try to please Him with my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment