Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wow God Wedensday

I think that I just need to dive right in to this post because I have a bunch to say!

1. Friends - A little back story. The vacation I was on was to see a friend that went to college with my husband. We met his senior year very briefly, but the year after they graduated we were station in the same place. So we hung out there a bunch, went to her and her husbands wedding the following year and have kept in touch ever since. She has 2 little girls that are my girls age. I haven't seen my sweet friend since her wedding in 2005, so this trip was long over due. Now all that being said, I am so WOWed by God putting friend in my life 7/8 years ago knowing what a blessing she would be in my life today. I knew that I enjoyed her friendship and keeping in touch via email/facebook/phone calls, but I didn't realize how much. God knows what he is doing and it is so cool!

2. Working moms - If you didn't know I am a stay at home mom. And yes, we are busy and yes, it is hard, but is it really that hard? I am not sure. I watch my friend this past week be 4 different people and I was amazed at how fantastic she is at all 4 of them. She was a mommy to her girls (and a good one I might add!). She was a Lt. in the Navy (rocking the PRT!). A friend to me (late nights talking and going to Carrie Underwood concerts!). And a wife to her soon deployed husband. Half off the time I can't take the stress of being a stay at home mom. I couldn't imagine having the responsibility of my kids and a full time job. Hats off to all you working moms!

3. Society - I flew to Maryland with a 3 yr old and an 19 month old. 'Nuff said right? Well, I'll tell you a little more. My 19 month old does not like to sit still, so during take off and landings I had to physically restrain her in my lap. My 19 month old does not like to be restrained. Therefore, there was an all out screaming at the top of her lungs tantrum at each take off and landing. I had 4 flights (2 there and 2 back). So if you do the math that is 8 tantrums. Luckily she was asleep the very last flight, so you can take that number down to 7. I tell you all that to tell you that God wowed me with how nice MOST people were to my situation. I did apologize to everyone around me and they seem genuinely nice about it (although I am sure I was talked about at their dinner table that night). The one person who sticks out in my mind was a woman in the Dallas airport. I had just gotten off the plane and was headed to get our luggage, but I wanted to put Ashlee in the Ergo carrier on my back. I can put her there all by myself, however it isn't the prettiest thing in the world while I am doing it. This nice woman put down her laptop, came over and asked if she could help me. I could have cried at the thoughtfulness of that woman. It made a world of difference to have her help and let me be on my way. If she is a member of Keystone Church, she was definitely apart of the Love Revolution.

4. Moms of multiple children - God gave you some kind of special something. This past week there were 4 girls. 4 very well behaved girls I might add too. However, putting 4 kids in and out of a car or taking them somewhere was an adventure that I would never have the patience to do day in and day out. So, if you are a mother of more than 2 kids, GOD BLESS YOU! I am impressed by you.

Those 4 things are just the ones that are coming to mind right now. Even thought my vacation was exhausting for me (BUT FUN!!!!!) God showed Himself in so many ways!

I would love to hear how God wowed you over the last 2 weeks!


ps - I got to see Carrie Underwood in concert and she sang part of "How Great Thou Art." If you haven't see the youtube video of it click here and go check it out. AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment