Friday, March 25, 2011

EVERYBODY TALKS AT ONCE

Okay, so you know when you are on the phone and the tv is going, one kid is talking to you, the other is getting into something they aren’t supposed to, the dog wants to go outside and the doorbell rings? Been there? I have. Isn’t is so overwhelming? And when you get off the phone do you feel like you have no idea what you just talked to that person about?


So, now imagine that you have millions of people talking to you at once. Asking for everything and anything you can possibly think of. I know for me and my OCD brain that it would probably drive me insane.


As some of you may or may not know I am not a very good pray”er.” I may have a bit of ADD or something because as soon as I try to start praying my mind starts wondering about all that I have to do. I truly believe that Satan knows that is a weakness of mine and so he attacks me in that way. He puts those thought in my head to interfere with my time with God.


A recent “attack” I had was in church. We were praying and I was trying so hard to really focus on praying for God to open my eyes and ears to the teaching that day. But my mind started wondering and I starting thinking about how everyone in that room and probably thousands and millions of other people were praying at that exact same time. Could you imagine having that many people talk to you at the same time? It amazes me how God hears those prayers. He must be the most organized person. I would like to know some of his organizational techniques!!!

I remember in out high school youth group learning about our all knowing God and I never thought about it in this way. God knows our prayers before we pray them, yet He still listens to us. A.m.a.z.i.n.g G.o.d


Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Romans 11:33


No comments:

Post a Comment