Monday, March 28, 2011

INFLUENCER

What kind of influencer are you? Have you ever thought about that? As a mother I think it is very important to think about that simple question because the type of influencer you are determines what your kids experience on a daily basis.


To be completely honest I cannot tell you what type of influencer I am. I want to be a good one, that’s for sure. I TRY my hardest to be a good one.


When I think about how I can be a good influence to my children, my mind tends to wonder to THE influencer. I try to think about what kind of mother God wants me to be. But how do I be successful in being a good influence to my kids and others?


One thing stood out to me when I was thinking and reading about this: Surround yourself with other good influencers. Here are a few scriptures to share with you:


A wise man is strong, yes, a man of knowledge increases strength; for by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Proverbs 24:5)


“Every purpose is established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war.” (Proverbs 20:18)


“Without counsel, plans go awry, but in the multitude of counselors they are established.” (Proverbs 15:22)


I have to say that I have found when I surround myself with others that are (as my church says) loving God, loving others and loving life, I too find myself loving God, loving others and loving life.


It is incredible how easily influenced we all are. I know I want to be the one that influences in the best way I know how!



No comments:

Post a Comment