Monday, March 7, 2011

PRAYER

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6


I am just going to admit right now that I am a very bad pray”er.” If that make sense. I have a hard time really focusing on what I am trying to say. I blame it on mommy brain. Making sure everything is done, thinking about what else needs to be done and how to do it all.


I am a good writer. I don’t mean grammatically a good writer (as you have probably read...ha!). I am a good writer as in I like to write and I tend to say exactly what I want to say and exactly what I feel when I write it down.


So I started a prayer journal. I just write a letter to God. I think about what I am saying, I write it down and I concentrate on it. My mind doesn’t wonder when I do this. It is focused and I feel like I am in that time of prayer with him when I am writing.


How do you get in the mindset to pray? Are you able to calm your mind and your thoughts to really have a good conversation with God? I would really love to hear how you have your quite time!



No comments:

Post a Comment