Thursday, March 3, 2011

MOMMY FRIENDS

“One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24


“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17


Some of you may relate to this, some of you may not. This really goes back to my days as a military wife and the struggles I had making friends. I don’t know about you, but I feel like one of the most important things in my life is a mommy friend that I can call when I am either down in the dumps, at my wits end, or my kids did something really funny that I just have to share with someone. The reason that I say that I think it is the most important is because they have been there (wherever “there” is for you) too.


A lot of times I try to confide in my husband, which isn’t a bad thing. However, moms just think differently. Moms have their own little world they live in and I believe that most of us just get each other.


There have been many times (after a move!) that I have thought it is just easier for me to do this all on my own. Making friends is sometimes very difficult. But after a while God has shown me that isn’t the case. Friendships are a gift from God!


I am potty training my oldest daughter right now for the 2nd time. We tried for almost a year and it just wasn’t working out. It was causing more stress and tension between the 2 of us than it was actually helping the situation. I was completely discouraged. I was mad at myself for not doing better and not making it work. I called a friend of mine who I knew could help me. What a blessing she was to me during this time of making the transition from panties BACK to diapers. Now, here we are again. Giving this potty training thing a go and who is the first person I call to get some advice from? My dear sweet friend who helped me before. God put her in my life for SO many reasons and I believe this is one of them. Thank you God!



No comments:

Post a Comment