Monday, March 21, 2011

EXCITEMENT FOR HEAVEN

This is another post that really doesn’t have anything to do with being a mommy. It is just something that is on my heart to share. A few months ago at church we closed out a series by talking about Heaven and eternal life. It is kind of weird for me to say this, but when I walked out of Church I was actually very excited to go to Heaven. I have always been happy that I will go to heaven (at least I think I will!!!) versus the alternative, but for some reason on that Sunday I was overly excited.


Why was I excited? So many things of course. For one, I have many questions that I would like to ask God (don't we all!). Second, I can’t wait to tell Pat (my mother in law) and Bobba (my grandpa) all about my kids. I know they love them so much and I would love to just sit down and talk for hours and hours and hours about the kids to both of them. I can’t wait to meet Richard (Alan’s dad) and tell him what a wonderful son he has and how I lucky I am to have gotten him.


This excitement makes me want to make sure that I teach my kids about Heaven and eternal life and how to have salvation. The thought of living in eternity with Pat & Bobba & Richard and all those who will go on before me and with Alan and the kids is so incredibly exciting. To know that Pat will get to meet her granddaughters and talk to them and play with them makes me smile so big.


Thank you God for giving us eternal life through you. It is so refreshing to know that when our time here on earth is done, our life is not done. We have so much to look forward to after death and I am so grateful for that.


Who are you excited to see and spend eternal life with?



No comments:

Post a Comment