Thursday, March 24, 2011

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

We have been having a love series at church and one thing our preacher talked about is the unconditional love God has for us. No matter what we do, God still loves us. I think that we can all agree that no matter how crazy our kids drive us we will love them unconditionally and would do anything for them.


When I think about this, I think of a conversation that I had a with a friend of mine. She has a now 1 year old, but for a long time that sweet sweet baby of hers had a very hard time sleeping without mommy. I asked my friend why she continued to “give in” to her daughter each time she cried or needed mommy. My friend said (with VERY tired eyes) to me, “She cries and she needs me, so what else am I supposed to do.”


There were so many things that came to my head that I wanted to say to her, however it wasn’t the time or place to do that. This happened about 7 months ago and 2 weeks ago in church that same conversation popped in my head as we were talking about unconditional love. My sweet friend sacrificed her precious sleep (and so much more) because of the unconditional love that she has for her daughter.


Sleep is a very precious thing to us mothers (as I am yawning!), but our kiddos are on a whole different level of being precious. We would do just about anything for them. My friend sacrificed sleep, but our God sacrificed His own Son for me. I don’t know of another person that has unconditional love like that. Not one. As I just typed those sentences I thought about how silly and small the sacrifices I make for my kids are. How I think that it is such a big deal that I don’t seem to have any time to my self or I don’t really have a life outside of being a wife and mommy or my nice figure is now a soft fluffy one because I don’t have time to go to the gym. All those are nothing compared to the sacrifice of giving your own Son for someone else’s sin because of the unconditional love you have for them.


Thank you God for loving me even in my darkest moments. I wish I had just a little of the unconditional love that You have for us and that my friend has for her daughter. I pray that you help me find JOY in those sacrifices and in loving not only my kids unconditionally, but also my husband, friends and family. Thank you again God for loving me.


No comments:

Post a Comment