Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ephesians 4:31-32

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I got a new Bible a few weeks ago and this was the first verse that I underlined. This verse spoke right to me because I get mad easily and am very capable of hanging on to that anger for a long time. I have been praying since the first of the year to be able to handle situations differently and not be so quick to angry and have bitterness. I think God has worked in me and answered some of those prayers for sure.

I just reread that verse to look for spelling mistakes and as I am reading it I am thinking of people who I have bitterness towards, who I need to be kind and compassionate towards, or I need to forgive (whether they want to be forgiven or not!).

In the past few months God has reviled to me that anger does not solve anything. Yes, if feels so good to get angry, want to take revenge, make sure they get what they deserve, etc., but at the end of the day it didn't make me feel any better about any situation I was in. Most of these people who I had these feelings towards, needs my forgiveness (again, whether they want it or not) so I can have compassion and start to pray for them and for the issues they have.

When I let go of the bitterness like Ephesians 4:31-32 says, I saw a difference. It isn't fun to live angry at someone. It stresses me out. So, let go, forgive and give it to God. He will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment