Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FIRST COMES LOVE, THEN COMES....

....marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.


Such a silly song, but such meaning.


1st comes love - finding your soul mate.

2nd comes marriage - that wonderful beautiful wedding day that you and your man become ONE.

3rd comes babies - making a beautiful family!


Now, I ask you a question: Are you a wife or mother first?


The very first thing that comes to my mind when I answer that question about myself is that I am a mother first. My priority is my girls. My day revolves around them from the time they wake up, but I am learning that priority is wrong. Remember, 1st comes LOVE, then comes MARRIAGE, THEN comes the babies. My husband is supposed to come before my kids.


I don’t know about you, but that is HARD for me. I am sure as the kids get older that it will become easier, but right now putting Alan before the kids and before my exhausted self is so challenging. But that is God’s design. And it is a design that I am trying so hard to obey.


I would love to be encouraged by you and how you are able to put your husband first and kids second. Do you struggle with this too?



No comments:

Post a Comment