Friday, April 15, 2011

I am not just a....

I am so much more!

There are different kind of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the sam Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kind of tongues. All these are the work of one and the sam Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

I don't know about your ladies, but most days I feel just a mom. Someone who feeds kids 3 meals a day, a husband 1 meal a day. Someone who does the dishes, laundry, picks up toys, changes diapers, and so on and so on.

But this verse is so comforting to me because it tells me that God is working through me in a specific way that he has determined for me. If my calling is to be a mom and minister to my kids and my kids friends and their families, then that is what I will try to do. If God wants to use my photography or sewing to minister, than I am all for it.

In the midst of tantrum throwing, whining, begging and all the works that a 3 & 1 year old can dish out it is hard to remember that I am not just a mommy. In the eyes of God (and probably others!) I am more than that.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment