Monday, April 25, 2011

Reflection

I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a great, fun filled weekend. Our church had an amazing weekend with 55 baptisms and 83 people who came to Christ for the first time. I would say that is pretty awesome!

I grew up in the Church of Christ singing hymns, so when we decided to become members of Keystone, it was a big change for me. We sing very modern (yet powerful!) songs. Sunday our worship leader busted out with "I Stand Amazed in the Presence." I don't know what hit me, but the tears started flowing. The arrangement of the song was very powerful and for some reason my grandpa popped straight into my head. I thought about him the entire song and about how much I miss him. Needless to say I as very moved.

Our kids had so much fun this weekend. We talked a little to Jayme about the meaning of Easter, but without getting into great detail because the word "dead" is still a little hard for her to understand. I do have to say that Jayme's sweet prayers are getting sweeter by the day. So proud of her.

This weekend I really felt a lot of love for my kiddos. I know that is kind of weird to say because I always love them, but I guess this weekend my love "overflowed." I am so proud of who they are (tantrums and all) and who they will be. I just love how God shows me all these things in His perfect timing.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration too. Our God has risen!!!


ps - check out Chris Tomlin's version of I Stand Amazed in the Presence.

pps - This is going to be a short week for me because I am going on vacation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment