Monday, April 18, 2011

Reaching Potential

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Romans 4:8-9

I have never been a person that has had very high self confidence. I think that has hindered me from reaching my full potential. Instead of thinking how awesome I was at something I always thought (and still do) that I should be better. I am completely shocked with myself that I have started a photography business, sew and sell those clothes on etsy, and write this blog. I would have never envisioned putting myself out there like that. I still have the self doubts in all that I do, but I feel that I am slowing gaining the confidence I need to continue to do this.

Helping other's reach their full potential is something that I believe will make a world of difference in someones life. Just like Romans 4:8-9 says, if ANYTHING is excellent of praiseworthy, think of those things. If you have a friend struggling right now and you see one tiny thing that is excellent or praiseworthy, let them know. If a friend is trying something new and wants your input, encourage them.

I got an email just the other day from a person that I met right after we moved back to Texas. She works with my husband but is an excellent photographer on the side. She wrote just to say hi and tell me that I have really grown as a photographer. That email couldn't have come at a better time. I was sitting in my chair editing photos and feeling very uninspired. That email gave me the confidence I needed to snap out of the lull that I was in and make those photos look beautiful. That short email has helped me in my journey of reaching my full potential as a photographer.

Helping someone else reach their potential, just might help you too. Encourage someone today as God has designed us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment