Thursday, April 14, 2011

JAMES 1:19-20

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

That verse just slapped me in the face. 2 days ago when I talked about my ministry and where I want to see victory I said that my family was where I wanted to see it. So, how can I so that if I don't obey these two verses?

A break down of this verse as I act towards my kids:

I am slow and impatient to listen, quick to count to three, quick to get frustrated and irritated.

I think God knew that I needed a gut check on this subject this morning because I am thinking about all the times that I am NOT quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. Just yesterday a few times come to mind. I want to show my kids the righteous life that God desires. I need to teach them patience through having patience with them.

This is such a difficult thing to do, but God has instructed us to be this way in all our relationships.

Next time you are about to lose it try to remember this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment